3 tablespoons of cornstarch
4 tablespoons of sugar, add more if not sweet enough for your family
2 cans (454 gram size) pitted dark cherries and their juice
Rind of 1 orange and 1 lemon, in large pieces.
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup cognac or brandy warmed
Vanilla ice cream for eight
1. Combine cornstarch and sugar.
2. Measure cherry juice and add enough port wine to make 2 cups liquid.
3. Mix cornstarch/sugar and liquid in a small saucepan, add rind and cook, stirring with a whisk, until thick and smooth. Remove rind and discard. Add cherries and lemon juice. Stir well. Cherries Jubilee may be made in advance up to this point. I sometimes make it a day ahead.
4. At the time of serving, add warmed cognac or brandy and set cherry mixture aflame.
5. Serve, while still flaming, over ice cream.
Made this for dessert after the Meyer lemon chicken recipe. Again tasty and easy to make. The flambe is always a good presentation at the table !
Thanks Trevor for the kind comments, I’m glad you found the recipes easy to make and flavorful, all feedback helps.