Prep time: 15 minutes
Time to chill: 1 hour
Cook time: 12 minutes
Makes 4-5 dozen cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/3 cup icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter. Add icing sugar and vanilla. Beat well.
2. Add flour and chopped pecans. Mix until well blended. Chill dough.
3. Form dough into 1 inch balls. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake at 325 degrees F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
5. While still warm, roll in icing sugar or granulated sugar. I prefer the granulated. Please make sure the pecan balls are still warm when rolling in sugar, otherwise the sugar won’t stick as well.