These are your traditional chocolate chip cookies, the ones most people I know crave, especially my little nephew Luke. This recipe makes about 3 dozen cookies, these cookies freeze well.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 10-12 minutes
Yield: 3 dozen
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips-hershey are pretty good, add a little more if you like
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cream butter with brown sugar and granulated sugar until fluffy. Then add eggs, one at a time and then vanilla. Mix until creamy, you will have to scrap down the bowl and then continue mixing.
3. Mix together flour, salt and baking soda, add to the sugar/butter mixture. Again, scrap down the sides of the bowl if necessary. Mix until everything is just mixed together and then add the chocolate chips, mix until they are just incorporated.
4. Take 2 tablespoons and spoon up a tablespoon of the dough with one spoon and then scrap it off with the other spoon onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. You can probably fit about 8 cookies(tablespoon of dough) per baking sheet.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes, depending how brown and chewy you like them.
6. Cool and eat.