Prep time: 1 hour to marinate meat, 15 minutes prep
Cooking time: 15 minutes
1 pound of beef, chicken or pork tenderloin thinly sliced
1 head of broccoli cut up into about 1 inch florets
1/2 cup diced onion
4 tablespoons grapeseed oil or whatever oil you like to use
Marinade for Meat:
1/4 cup of soya sauce- I really love the brand China Lily, it has deeper flavor than the rest and isn’t as watery. But use your favorite.
1-2 teaspoons Agave syrup or use whatever sweetener you like, honey, granulated sugar, brown sugar
1 clove of garlic minced
1 teaspoon grated ginger- I freeze my ginger with the skin on, it makes it easier to grate with my stainless steel rasp, you don’t have to deal with the stringy stuff and it keeps forever.
Stir Fry sauce:
You need a 2 cup measuring cup for these ingredients.
3 tablespoons oyster sauce- use teriyaki if you prefer
1/4 cup soya sauce
1-2 teaspoons Agave syrup or use whatever sweetener you like, honey, sugar, brown sugar etc
2 teaspoons of cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of water mixed together- make sure you get out the lumps.
Put all these ingredients in the 2 cup measuring cup and then add water until it reaches the 1 1/2 cup mark. Mix well.
Please add whatever you like to this sauce, I sometimes add a hot chilli sauce for example. Sometimes I add a little peanut butter, which gives it a sort of satay flavor. And the same goes for vegetables, use whatever you like or have on hand, it doesn’t need to be broccoli.
1. Mix up the ingredients for the marinade and place sliced up meat into the marinade, mix well and let marinate for about an hour.
2. Once meat has marinated, heat large sauce pan or wok if you have it, to medium high heat, the pan needs to be really hot, but don’t add oil until the pan is hot. Add 2 tablespoons of oil and then add the marinated meat. It will splatter, so be careful, let the meat brown for a few minutes, it doesn’t need to cook completely through because you will be cooking it again later with the rest of the ingredients.
3. Remove meat from the pan and set aside. Turn heat down to medium.
4. Add the last 2 tablespoons of oil and then add onion, let onion cook until transparent and just starting to brown.
5. Now add the broccoli, prepared stir fry sauce and the meat that you previously cooked.
6. Mix well, bring sauce up to a simmer and cook for about 3 minutes until the broccoli is just tender but still has a little crunch and the sauce has thickened.
7. Turn off heat and serve with rice.