I had some raw almonds hanging around so thought I would find a way to spice them up so everyone would eat them. Here’s what I came up with.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Yield: 3 cups
3 cups raw almonds with their skin on
1/4 cup of fresh lime juice-about 2 limes-add more if you like more tang.
2 tablespoons of chili powder
1 tablespoon sea salt
2 tablespoons of honey- add more if you like a sweeter taste
2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl mix together all the ingredients expect for the almonds.
3. Now toss the almonds in with the other ingredients. Toss and coat well.
4. Spread evenly in a single layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
5. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and let cool completely, then serve or store in an air tight container.