2 multi-grain, whole wheat or white pita breads
4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
1 teaspoon dried basil or italian herbs
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
2. Cut each pita into 12 pieces or wedges. If pita is double sided, use scissors to cut end edges and separate each wedge into a single sided pita wedge.
3. Combine cheese, herbs, garlic powder and salt in a small bowl. Throw cut pita pieces into a larger bowl. Add the herb mixture to the pita pieces. Toss well. Now drizzle olive oil over the herb and pita mixture. Toss very well coating all the pita pieces.
4. Bake 12-14 minutes until golden brown.
5. If you want to keep things really simple, just toss together 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, cut pita pieces and 1/4 cup of olive oil. Bake the same way as above.