This recipe contains some of my favorite ingredients so I quite enjoyed it. The potatoes were crisp on the outside and creamy inside, the onions and garlic were really sweet and the mushrooms were just delicious. I added some asparagus because we had some in the refrigerator, but that’s optional. You could also add green beans or carrots, add what you like. What is great about this dish is it is the potato and vegetable all in one and it’s quick and easy. I will definitely be making this dish over and over again. I served this with marinated flank steak that I grilled on the barbecue.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes
- 15-20 baby potatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- 10 white button or cremini mushrooms, sliced in half
- 1/2 red onion, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 4 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Add 2 cups of your favorite vegetable cut into 1-2 inch pieces(optional)
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tin foil (for easier clean up). Place all the above ingredients(except parsley which will be used at the end for garnish) in a big bowl and toss together to coat evenly. Place the ingredients on foil lined baking sheet.
2. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes then toss with a spatula. Roast for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and tender. Remove from the oven and place in serving bowl. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.