This Scandinavian-style salad is easy to prepare and full of lively accents. Salting and draining the cucumber is essential to prevent a watery salad.
Prep time: 35 minutes including soaking time and salting time
- 3 cups (750 mL) thinly sliced English cucumber-I used a mandoline for uniform, thin slices. A sharp knife will work great too.
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped chives
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) regular sour cream or light sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh dill, (or 1 tsp/5mL dried dillweed)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) granulated sugar
1. In colander, sprinkle cucumber with salt ; let stand to drain for 30 minutes. Pat dry.
2. In bowl, whisk together sour cream, dill, chives,vinegar and sugar. Add cucumber: toss to coat and serve.