This is a surprisingly tasty meal, the ground up pretzels give a nice toasty flavor and the honey dijon butter adds another layer of flavor while keeping the chicken moist. I used chicken breast but you can use chicken thighs or any form of chicken you like, leave the skin on if you like and obviously you don’t need to tenderize bone in chicken pieces. Serve with a honey mustard dip if you like.
3 skinless and boneless chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise and pound out with a tenderizer to a 1/4 inch thick.
4 cups of regular salted pretzels-ground up finely in food processor
1/2 cup of freshly ground parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
8 tablespoons of melted butter
2 tablespoons of dijon mustard
2 tablespoons of honey
Freshly ground black pepper(you don’t need salt because the pretzels are salty and parmesan cheese is slightly salty)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Melt butter in small pot and whisk in mustard, honey and freshly ground black pepper.
3. In a bowl combine the ground up pretzels,parmesan and chopped parsley.
4. Pour mustard butter mixture into another bowl.
5. Coat gently tenderized and thin chicken breast pieces in the butter mustard mixture and then place into the pretzel/parmesan crumbs and pat crumbs onto the chicken.
5. Place the coated chicken pieces onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
6. Place in 400 degree F oven and cook for 20 minutes, they will cook quickly. If using bone in chicken pieces you will need to cook longer at perhaps a lower temperature like 375 degrees F. Just insert a meat thermometer- it needs to read about 175-180 degrees F for the chicken to be cooked.