Feta cheese whips up into a smooth, creamy spread when blended with olive oil in the food processor. The Greeks like to flavor it with garlic, mint and pickled peppers to make a piquant dip for pita bread or pita chips. You can also serve with radishes, carrot sticks, red pepper or cucumber.
Makes about: 1 1/2 cups of spread
Check out the link- Is Feta Cheese Healthy?
- 1/2 lb. Greek or French feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- about 10 fresh mint leaves or 2 teaspoons of
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes, plus more as needed
- 6 Italian peperoncini (pickled green peppers), take off the stems
1. In a food processor, combine the cheese, olive oil, garlic, mint, the 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes and the 6 peperoncini and process until smooth. Taste and add more red pepper flakes or peperoncini, if needed. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve with pita bread or chips, even fresh vegetables like carrots and celery work well.